Job Title: Project Coordinator/Estimator
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
# of Positions: 1
Lajoie Bros. Contracting Ltd. focuses on petroleum maintenance and services, and responds to emergency petroleum and oil spills 24/7. Other services include petroleum equipment maintenance, TSSA compliance inspections, fuel tank installations and removals and TSSA licensed petroleum mechanic support.
We are looking for an independent and motivated individual to join our team in the role Project Coordinator/Estimator for assisting in the successful planning and execution of projects. They will assist in all phases of project development, including; coordinating schedules, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, work is proceeding on schedule and within budget and maintaining customer satisfaction throughout the job.
As an Project Coordinator/Estimator your key duties & responsibilities include:
- Assist Project Manager or management and team members in administering the organization, coordination and execution of assigned project(s).
- Provide technical support on project execution teams.
- Under direction of Project Manager prepare and facilitate project documentation.
- Support Project Manager and senior staff in managing the procurement and construction of assigned projects, ensuring all project objectives and commitments are controlled and delivered within targets of safety, quality, budget and schedule.
- Maintain close liaison with field teams and operations on matters involving design, schedules, costing and other related issues under the guidance and with assistance of senior staff.
- Assist in providing supervisors/managers with regular project or work package reports.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule, and manage changes.
- Assist with the resolution of issues and concerns, as necessary, to ensure that project deliverables are achieved as per plan, and that any changes to scope, schedule and cost are managed and approved in line with process and procedure.
- Ensure all projects are executed in accordance with all health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure design and construction efforts are performed in compliance with internal processes and the appropriate external laws and regulations. Assist with waste management, spill response, environmental remediation and abatement projects.
- Maintain client relationships and drive client loyalty by ensuring efficient and high-quality customer service (24/7 response attitude).
- Drives Estimating process / procedure compliance and consistency.
- Assists with RFP’s and General Contract tender submissions.
- Assists with Prequalification submissions
- Prepare bids for future projects
- Review cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for disposition of variances, and take corrective actions when required.
- Monitor bidding websites for potential projects of interest
- Gather quotes from subcontractors and suppliers and implement into bids
- Inspect tenders with great attention to detail
- Maintain professionalism, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner always.
- Other duties as assigned by the project manager/supervisor or general manager
- Diploma in technical program such as engineering or environmental sciences; preferred minimum 2 years of experience in a related position or demonstrate experience/knowledge.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a project environment, responsible for leading the development and construction of major projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the environmental and petroleum industry (spill, remediation, abatement, petroleum maintenance).
- Mechanically inclined, with an affinity for solving mechanical problems.
- Experience working with budgets, forecasting and estimating.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions on an as needed basis.
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work irregular hours when required to meet business needs.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and is a team player
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle CPIC required for condition of employment.
At Lajoie Bros Contracting Inc. you can expect:
- Extended Health Benefits, Dental and Vision
- RSP Match Contributions
- Phone Allowance
- Employment growth opportunity
- Professional development opportunities
- Being a part of a team and company that appreciates each other and your efforts
Apply by completing the form below or sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8,2022. Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter, and quote the job title in the subject line.
Lajoie Bros Contracting Ltd is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. An offer of employment will be conditional upon an acceptable vulnerable sector records check.