Job Title: Project Manager, NORPRO Environmental
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
# of Positions: 1
N1 Solutions Inc. is looking for an independent and motivated individual to join our team in the role of Project Manager for our NORPRO Environmental division in the Sault Ste Marie area. The incumbent in this role will work in the NORPRO Environmental division and will provide project management oversight for the initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control and closure of major capital projects ensuring the well-defined project scope is delivered on-time at budgeted cost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management oversight for the initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control and closure of major capital projects ensuring the well-defined project scope is delivered on-time at budgeted cost
- Work with the senior management team to negotiate the assignment of internal resources to capital projects
- Ensure all projects are executed in accordance with all health, safety and environmental regulations
- Establish and maintain relationships with sponsors and stakeholders and external agencies (suppliers, customers, government)
- Ensure design and construction efforts are performed in compliance with internal processes and the appropriate external laws and regulations
- Participate in decision making, determining best decisions at critical points in the major project
- Provide leadership in monitoring and reporting project progress, highlighting variances, and identifying corrective actions
- Ensure construction is effectively coordinated between internal resources and between internal & external resources e.g. civil, mechanical, piping, electrical, instrumentation, to effectively execute projects in proper sequence and timing
- Monitor productivity and manpower planning; identify deviations from plan, taking appropriate action to bring project back on track
- Provide direct support to assist clients with the installation, maintenance or repair of mechanical and electronic pump systems Service and maintain petroleum equipment, systems and accessories essential to site operation
- Assist with waste management, spill response, environmental remediation and abatement projects
- Ensuring client and company compliance in accordance with industry standards and regulations associated with the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) and Ministry of Environment Conservation Parks (MECP)
- Maintain professionalism, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner always
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in engineering or environmental sciences; preferred minimum 3-5 years of experience in a related position or demonstrate experience/knowledge
- Several years of experience in a project environment, responsible for leading the development and construction of major projects
- TSSA Petroleum Mechanic (PM) Certifications preferred (PM1, PM2, PM3, or PMH)
- Hands on mechanical experience with small, medium and large equipment (pumps, tanks, heavy equipment, hydraulic systems, etc.)
- Hands-on experience or strong familiarity with Petroleum Handling Equipment (flow meters, pumps, valves, electronics, and wireless applications)
- Electrical expertise (in petroleum or otherwise) or an understanding of electrical concepts and basic programming
- Knowledge of Federal, Provincial, and municipal environmental regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the environmental and petroleum industry (spill, remediation, abatement, petroleum maintenance)
- Experience in the environmental sector working with TSSA and MECP and Spills Action Centre, Hazardous Waste Information Network (HWIN), Environmental Compliance Approvals
- Experience working with budgets and forecasting
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Full availability for on-call 24/7 rotation scheduling
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle (AZ, DZ license an asset)
At N1 Solutions you can expect:
- Competitive wages
- Employee benefits
- Employment growth opportunity
- Ongoing room for advancement
- Expert training
- A diverse and flexible combination of sites and schedules
- Being a part of a team and company that appreciates each other and your efforts
Our company and our employee’s success go hand in hand. Are you ready to join our team?
Apply online or send in your resume to email@example.com by October 8th, 2021 at 4:00pm. Please quote the job title.
N1 Solutions Inc. is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. An offer of employment will be conditional upon an acceptable vulnerable sector records check.
About N1 Solutions Inc.
N1 Solutions Inc. is full-service business to business leader in Northern Ontario providing integrated business solutions in security, innovation (technology & information technology), environmental, and strategic advisory services. We are proud to have many First Nation partnerships and successful business relations across the north. Our goal is to solve problems for our customers, remain highly responsive and provide the solutions our customers need to focus on their business operations.