Job Title: Loss Prevention Officer
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
N1 Solutions Inc. is full-service business to business leader in Northern Ontario providing integrated business solutions in security, innovation (technology & information technology), environmental, and consulting services. We are proud to have many First Nation partnerships and successful business relations across the north. Our goal is to solve problems for our customers, remain highly responsive and provide the solutions our customers need to focus on their business operations. NORPRO Security, a division of N1 Solutions Inc., is looking for independent and motivated individuals to join our team as a Loss Prevention Officer. Visit us at www.n1solutions.ca to learn more.
In this role, the Loss Prevention Officer will be responsible for providing safety and protection of all employees, visitors, and company assets. As a Loss Prevention Officer, you will strive to prevent theft of and malicious damage to the client’s products and property by monitor of surveillance cameras and walking around the store watching shoppers while remaining as inconspicuous as possible. They must also apprehend shoplifters and work with the authorities in prosecuting these individuals.
As a Loss Prevention Officer, your key duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct surveillance, detect and act on suspicious activity and ensure the recovery of stolen items
- Walk around the client store, property as you search for suspicious activity by clients and staff
- Approach and question individuals who seem to be acting suspiciously
- Frisk individuals thought to be in unlawful possession of unpaid product
- Apprehend thieves and hold them in a separate area as you wait for the authorities
- Evaluate Security and provide recommendations to prevent theft and vandalism for the client
- Prepare, review and complete all paperwork associated to audits plus other shortage control programs.
- Develop and maintain records of interviews, witness, apprehensions, disposition and evidence of recovered merchandise
- Minimum of 2 years loss prevention experience preferred
- Must hold a valid Ontario Security License
- Knowledge of Canadian Law, with respect to Sections 494, 25, and 26 of the Criminal Code, the Ontario Trespass Act, and Section 7, 8, 9, and 10 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms,
- Physically and mentally capable of performing lawful arrests. These arrests may require a "hands on" approach.
- Must have a Level “G” Driver’s License
- Must have a Current First Aid CPR Level A with AED Certificate
- Must be computer literate and able to write electronic report
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Physically fit to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Handcuff and Baton (PPCT) Certification preferred
- Use of Force Certification (or willing to obtain)
At N1 Solutions you can expect:
- Competitive wages
- Employee benefits
- Employment growth opportunity
- Ongoing room for advancement
- Expert training
- A diverse and flexible combination of sites and schedules
- Being a part of a team and company that appreciates each other and your efforts
Our company and our employee’s success go hand in hand. Are you ready to join our team?
Apply online or send in your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by September 13th , 2021 at 4:00pm. Please include a copy of your Security Guard License, and Valid First Aid Certificate.
N1 Solutions Inc. is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. An offer of employment will be conditional upon an acceptable vulnerable sector records check.