Job Title: General Manager, for Superior Business Solutions/AK Graphix
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Are you an experienced and strategic leader looking to make an impact in a dynamic and growing organization? Superior Business Solutions is seeking a General Manager to oversee all aspects of our operations, finances, talent, and revenue growth, reporting directly to the executive committee. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies to increase revenue and maximize profitability while optimizing expenses. As a key member of the leadership team, you will set team goals, motivate and lead employees, and ensure their productivity. If you have a track record of success in driving growth and profitability in a complex business environment, we want to hear from you.
Join us in this exciting opportunity to make a difference in our organization and industry.
As General Manager for Superior Business Solutions/AK Graphix, your key duties & responsibilities include:
- Guides and drives the strategy, envisions new initiatives, opportunities and executes plans for the divisions.
- Prepares an annual business plan, in alignment with the profit plan, and monitors progress to ensure that the division attains the objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Contributes to effective marketing strategies to promote the products, services and image of the company in the region.
- Manages sales and business development collaboratively with divisional team.
- Provides strategic advice and guidance to members of the senior management team to inform them of developments within the industry and ensure that the company is innovating with best practices to meet the company’s mission and objectives.
- Oversees the preparation of reports of the divisions and ensures the approval by the senior management team.
- Prepares, gains acceptance, and monitors the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, and that revenue and costs are managed.
- Direct and control the work and resources of the divisions and ensure the recruitment and retention of motivated, trained and developed staff.
- Responsible for ensuring safety of staff and client work.
- Review staffing levels to maintain full coverage of contracts and obligations.
- Develop and implement policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Effectively delegates daily operational requirements including scheduling, resources, reporting, and client management.
- Employee management in accordance with the employee standards act.
- Responsible for appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensuring all training/orientations for staff are completed, up to date and documented.
- Builds and manages partnerships within the industry and with clients.
- Accountable for equipment necessary to support the division’s activities.
- Contributes to ongoing performance measurement and corrective action in collaboration with finance and executive teams.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant agencies, partners, First Nations, key decision-makers, and other stakeholders to exchange information and views to ensure that the division is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Manage frequent communication with employees and senior management.
- Develop procedures/processes, and document actions and outcomes to adjust plans accordingly.
- Works with clients and business leaders to coordinate strategy.
Research and disseminate knowledge to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry.
- Develop and maintain quality management approaches/systems throughout the divisions to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Other duties as defined by the President.
This Position requires a post-secondary education in Commerce, Sales/Marketing, Business, or related experience equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of experience in B2B sales, including required experience within the copier and office technology industry. 3 years of demonstrated management experience is essential.
A strong sense of team and experience in managing a team, providing motivation and leadership to meet or exceed goals. The ability to adapt and pivot approaches based on a variety of clients across many different industries. Knowledge of copier products and upcoming technology within this industry. The ability to apply strategic thinking and planning to maximize sales opportunities with current and new clientele. Strong verbal and written communication, with exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. Enthusiasm in building trust and investing in relationships both internally and externally. A valid class ‘G’ driver's license with three-years’ experience and a clean driver’s abstract. The incumbent will have the ability to travel within the region.
Adaptable - Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
Leadership – has strong ethical and moral standards and provides clear direction to clients, partners and senior management team. Has the ability to influence opinions and creates new ideas and approaches. Provides clear goals and objectives and is open to change.
Communication - Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Formal Presentation Skills - Effectively presents ideas, information and materials to individuals and groups. Effectively prepares and provides structured delivery; facilitates meetings in a structured manner, can facilitate and coordinate group processes.
Strategic Focus - Understands how an organization must change considering internal and external trends and influences; keeps the big, long-range picture in mind; builds a shared long-range organizational vision with others. Committed to a course of action to achieve long-range goals and influences others to translate vision into action.
Work will be in an office environment and requires travel to work sites. On-call as required.
Requires ability to work at an office desk in a normal environment, as well as on client work sites.
Staff of SBS and Ak Graphix
Apply by completing the form below or sending your resume to email@example.com by March 23, 2023. Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter.
N1 Solutions is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. An offer of employment will be conditional upon an acceptable vulnerable sector records check.
N1 Solutions Inc. is full-service business to business leader in Canada. We provide integrated business solutions in security, information technology, environmental, industrial, and consulting services. We are proud to have many First Nation partnerships and successful business relations. Our goal is to solve problems for our customers, remain highly responsive and provide the solutions our customers need to focus on their business operations.