Job Title: Equipment Operator (AZ Licensed)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Rate of pay: $25 to $35 per hour
Lajoie Bros. Contracting Ltd. focuses on petroleum maintenance and services, and responds to emergency petroleum and oil spills 24/7. Other services include petroleum equipment maintenance, TSSA compliance inspections, fuel tank installations and removals and TSSA licensed petroleum mechanic support.
We are looking for an independent and motivated individual to join our team in the role of Equipment Operator with a valid AZ License to perform a variety of work including driving and operating equipment used for hauling, delivery, excavation, grading, paving, snow removal and other duties as assigned They will operate a variety of equipment in a safe and responsible manner including loading and unloading equipment, ensuring sites are kept clean and equipment is safely maintained and stored
As an Equipment Operator, your key duties & responsibilities include:
- Operation of heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to carry out the required tasks as per the contract requirements.
- Organize and maintain an unobstructed work area and safely operate equipment.
- Maintain/clean equipment and conduct routine maintenance and minor repairs, as required.
- Operate specialized equipment, including Winter equipment
- Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment
- Accurately complete numerous and various documents, including pre/post trip inspections, manifests, logbooks (written/digital), VCRs, etc., in a legible manner to meet compliance requirements.
- Maintain accurate documentation such as: fuel reports, safety reports and hours of service.
- Ensure that all equipment and systems are operated as per Company standards.
- Adhere to all Environmental and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain professionalism, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner always.
- Meet call in requirements during an emergency event.
- Valid Ontario Class AZ driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Heavy equipment operator: 2 years (Preferred).
- Solid written communication skills in order to complete required paperwork.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills to be able to interact with internal and external customers.
- Highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and think proactively.
- Excellent customer service skills, with strong work ethic and positive attitude to represent the company brand effectively and favorably.
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to work irregular hours when required to meet business needs.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and is a team player
At Lajoie Bros Contracting Inc. you can expect:
- Extended Health Benefits, Dental and Vision
- RSP Match Contributions
- Phone Allowance
- Employment growth opportunity
- Professional development opportunities
- Being a part of a team and company that appreciates each other and your efforts
Apply by completing the form below or sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2022. Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter, and include the job title in the subject line.
Lajoie Bros Contracting Ltd is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. An offer of employment will be conditional upon an acceptable vulnerable sector records check.